Whether you’re a seasoned investor, a novice trader, or just an interested bystander, crypto and blockchain technology have made waves this year that have captivated the attention of the public at large.
At NisonCo we enjoy monitoring the cryptocurrency markets and news, and are proud to be part of shaping an emerging industry that we believe in, and has the potential to revolutionize the word “currency” as we know it. If you’re curious about some of the services we offer when it comes to cryptocurrency and blockchain tech you can find details here.
Just for fun, we selected a few of our favorite headlines to reflect the rollercoaster 2021 has been for digital tender. Let’s enjoy this look back on this year’s crypto news together.
The Rise of Dogecoin
If you weren’t aware of the power of memes before 2021, the rise of Dogecoin definitely drew attention to this phenomenon. Many of us watched the rise of Dogecoin with incredulity when its value skyrocketed in January and February of 2021 following encouraging tweets from Tesla billionaire Elon Musk. Dogecoin went from playful ribbing to prolific riches almost overnight.
- After GameStop, Dogecoin’s 800% rise in a day shows how memes can move markets
- First a Meme, Then a Cryptocurrency, and Now an $80 Billion Brand? Dogecoin Continues Its Rollercoaster Journey into the USPTO.
- 17 Dogecoin Memes: Twitter Users React As Crypto Price Soars!
Spicy Crypto Cybercrime
Everyone likes a bit of true crime drama. Here are some of the most intriguing cryptocurrency crime stories from this year.
- Crypto hacker offered reward after $600m heist
- How Cryptocurrency Turbocharged the Cybercrime Racket
- Just 270 crypto addresses laundered $1.3 billion in dirty funds last year, research shows
Spring 2021 Crypto Crash: Ups and Downs
It’s not all wins within the crypto world, and in 2021 we saw some pretty significant ups and downs. Here are some articles that recap of the crypto crash in May and June this year, and some excellent memes that truly represent how investors were — or weren’t — coping with the flux.
- Robinhood Suffers Crypto Trading ‘Issues’ as Ether, Dogecoin Soar
- Crypto carnage—Bitcoin, Ethereum, Dogecoin all bomb lower
- Cryptocurrency Crash: Funniest Tweets from Angry Bitcoin, Dogecoin Investors
International Political Crypto Power Plays
Some governments are embracing the brave new world of cryptocurrency and blockchain technology, and some are banning it. Take a look at China, El Salvador, and the United States and their response to crypto in 2021.
- China’s top regulators ban crypto trading and mining, sending bitcoin tumbling
- El Salvador Just Became The First Country To Accept Bitcoin As Legal Tender
- White House backs senators pushing for stricter crypto reporting rules
NFT Fun and Faux Pas
They’re amazing for artists, but maybe not so great for the planet. NFT? Who is she?
- What is an NFT? The trendy blockchain technology explained
- Millennials and Gen Z are planning to spend thousands on cryptocurrency, NFTs and metaverse land as holiday gifts
- NFTs Are Shaking Up the Art World. They May Be Warming the Planet, Too.
Looking for help from our experienced psychedelics, cannabis, CBD and crypto/blockchain PR, SEO and marketing team? Let us know if you need help researching trends and topics, crafting communications, or securing news spots by contacting NisonCo here.