The cannabis industry is coming down from the collective high moment of the conference year: the massive Las Vegas-based MJBizCon 2019. We at NisonCo outlined in previous blog posts why we never miss this event and what we were looking forward to seeing.
Professionals at panel discussions offered business insights on topics ranging from the vaping crisis to best retail practices, and hot trends were of course a major topic of the convention. Instead of industry trends, in this post you will find tips to maximize client relationships and brand presence so your company will be ready to take MJBizCon 2020 by storm.
The Basics: Common Sense Reminders
- It’s going to be a long four days, so wear comfortable walking shoes, and always have a non-alcoholic hydration source handy. Trying to achieve a full night of sleep each night will also put you in peak business performance mode.
- As mentioned in previous posts, time management is essential for maximizing conference productivity. If your company is hosting a booth, it’s essential to staff it appropriately for meetings with potential/existing clients and reporters. Keeping a tight schedule is a basic but imperative way to show consistency in your company’s performance.
- Divide and conquer! If you have a team travelling to the conference, split your forces to cover more ground. Have your best talkers working on networking, your thriftiest buyers and shrewdest technology experts approaching booths and asking questions.
Viva Las Vegas: Big Visuals Go the Extra Mile
- MJBizCon drew in around 35,000 people this year. That’s a busy conference! Setting aside marketing budgeting now if you plan on attending in 2020 is a necessity.
- If your company hosts a booth, high-quality visuals or videos are great for capturing attention. Experiential, creative brand-based activities are also very successful in pulling individuals towards your product or service in a crowded space.
- If your company doesn’t host a booth, put a budget toward business cards and other paper-based materials. Everyone in attendance will be gathering dozens of business cards and information from various companies, and your hope is that your material stands out. Dedicating funds to create imaginative and nontraditional materials is a great way to spark the memory, provide a topic of conversation, and advertise any new products or services your company is premiering for the show or new year.
Down-To-Earth Dealings: Casual but Meaningful Connections
- The best business conversations often happen when people are relaxed. By keeping conversation casual and not always deal-oriented, more organic connections can happen. Remember the conference is an entire week long for some participants, and laid-back interactions away from official events can be a great change of pace.
- Reporters are just as stressed as other participants at a large conference. They are being approached by countless companies and brands with pitches and requests for coverage. Putting effort forward to make a meaningful relationship, instead of a cut-and-dry transactional relationship, can make it significantly more likely the reporter will be willing to work with you in the future.
Will we see you at MJBizCon 2020? If you’re planning on attending a show, you’ll want your brand image in tip-top shape! Contact us for information on how our marketing services like SEO or blogging, can help your company stand out from the rest!